Organic Genmaicha Green Tea NODOKA
100 g (3.53 oz)
Genmaicha green tea is a classic everyday green tea in Japan made with sencha green tea leaves mixed with roasted brown rice (Genmai), often in 50:50 ratio.
The addition of the rice adds a nutty flavor, roasted aroma and natural sweetness. It also creates a lower caffeine content, which makes the tea suitable for all ages.
Our single-estate organic Genmaicha Green Tea NODOKA comes from the Uji area of Kyoto. It has a beautifully harmonious blend: a delightful earthy flavor, pleasant toasted aroma and natural sweetness from the roasted brown rice together with a refreshing taste from the green tea. This rich and hearty organic genmaicha green tea can be enjoyed by everybody at any time of the day.
Organic green tea
Organic brown rice
Gluten-free. Vegan friendly. Non-GMO. Dairy-free. No preservatives.
✓ JAS organic certification (JONA)
✓ USDA National Organic Program
✓ EU organic certification
✓ Canadian Organic Regime (COR)
Tea Producer Profile
Family owned and operated green tea farm in the Uji area of Kyoto for over 160 years.
One of the pioneers of organic green tea in Japan for over 40 years.
10 g · 2 tbsp 300 ml · 10.14 oz 90°C · 194°F 30-60 sec
Using soft water with fewer minerals is recommended to ensure the quality of the tea.
(1) Put 10 g · 2 tbsp of genmaicha green tea leaves into a teapot (Kyusu).
(2) Pour 300 ml · 10.14 oz of boiled water directly on the genmaicha green tea leaves in the teapot.
(3) Wait for 30-60 seconds. Make sure not to shake the teapot while brewing as this will bring out the bitterness.
(4) Pour genmaicha green tea into the teacups. When serving several cups of tea, pour a little into each cup in turn, then repeat in reverse order to ensure an even density of tea in each cup. Make sure not to leave any tea in the teapot as the last drops contain the essence of genmaicha's rich flavor.
* For the second and third infusion, use hot water with a higher temperature and brew for a shorter time than the first infusion.
Lab tested for radioactivity and agricultural chemical residue.
Contamination sensors and metal detectors used when processing the product.
Avoid heat, moisture, sunlight, air and odors.
Unopened: Store in a cool, dry and dark place or in the fridge. If you will not open your package for more than two months, keep it in the freezer.
Opened: Seal tightly after using and store in a cool, dry and dark place or in the fridge.
* After taking it out of the fridge/freezer, allow it to warm up to room temperature before opening/using to avoid condensation.
** Once it’s opened, use in 2-3 months to ensure optimum freshness, taste and color.
Country of Origin