Organic Hojicha Green Tea TOMOCHIDORI
100 g (3.53 oz)
Hojicha green tea is a popular everyday green tea in Japan.
It has a distinctive taste as the leaves are roasted over charcoal. The roasting reduces the amount of caffeine (the source of bitterness) and tannin (the source of astringency). It produces a rich aroma and flavor, which makes hojicha green tea a flavorful low-caffeine alternative to coffee.
Our single-estate organic Hojicha Green Tea TOMOCHIDORI from the Uji area, Kyoto, brews a beautiful amber cup with a nutty flavor with hints of caramel, a delightful woody aroma and no bitterness and astringency. This mellow organic hojicha green tea is great to drink during or after a meal or with any kind of dessert. The tea refreshes the palate without affecting the tastes of foods. It can be enjoyed hot or iced at any time of the day.
Organic green tea
Gluten-free. Vegan friendly. Non-GMO. Dairy-free. No preservatives.
✓ JAS organic certification (JONA)
✓ USDA National Organic Program
✓ EU organic certification
✓ Canadian Organic Regime (COR)
Tea Producer Profile
Family owned and operated green tea farm in the Uji area of Kyoto for over 160 years.
One of the pioneers of organic green tea in Japan for over 40 years.
10 g · 2 tbsp 300 ml · 10.14 oz 90°C · 194°F 30-60 sec
Using soft water with fewer minerals is recommended to ensure the quality of the tea.
(1) Put 10 g · 2 tbsp of hojicha green tea leaves into a teapot (Kyusu).
(2) Pour 300 ml · 10.14 oz of boiled water directly on the hojicha green tea leaves in the teapot.
(3) Wait for 30-60 seconds. Make sure not to shake the teapot while brewing as this will bring out the bitterness.
(4) Pour hojicha green tea into the teacups. When serving several cups of tea, pour a little into each cup in turn, then repeat in reverse order to ensure an even density of tea in each cup. Make sure not to leave any tea in the teapot as the last drops contain the essence of hojicha's rich flavor.
* For the second and third infusion, use hot water with a higher temperature and brew for a shorter time than the first infusion.
Lab tested for radioactivity and agricultural chemical residue.
Contamination sensors and metal detectors used when processing the product.
Avoid heat, moisture, sunlight, air and odors.
Unopened: Store in a cool, dry and dark place or in the fridge. If you will not open your package for more than two months, keep it in the freezer.
Opened: Seal tightly after using and store in a cool, dry and dark place or in the fridge.
* After taking it out of the fridge/freezer, allow it to warm up to room temperature before opening/using to avoid condensation.
** Once it’s opened, use in 2-3 months to ensure optimum freshness, taste and color.
Country of Origin