Organic Matcha Green Tea YUMEMIGUSA
- Culinary Grade -
100 g (3.53 oz)
Our Organic Matcha Green Tea YUMEMIGUSA is a quality culinary grade matcha made in the traditional way at a single estate in the Uji area of Kyoto. Unlike many of the culinary grade matcha teas on the market which use lower grade Tencha green tea leaves to keep down prices our matcha is made from first and second flush Tencha green tea leaves to deliver the best quality.
This quality and versatile matcha has a crispy grassy aroma, vibrant green color and a bold earthy umami flavor with a light astringency.
Organic green tea (Tencha)
Gluten-free. Vegan friendly. Non-GMO. Dairy-free. No preservatives.
✓ JAS organic certification (JONA)
✓ USDA National Organic Program
✓ EU organic certification
✓ Canadian Organic Regime (COR)
Tea Producer Profile
Family owned and operated green tea farm in the Uji area of Kyoto for over 160 years.
One of the pioneers of organic green tea in Japan for over 40 years.
2 g · 1 tsp 70 ml · 2.36 oz 70°C · 158°F 15-30 sec
(1) Preheat a tea bowl (Chawan) and moisten a bamboo tea whisk (Chasen): Pour hot water into the tea bowl to warm it for a few minutes. Moisten the tea whisk by whisking the hot water in the tea bowl for a few seconds then dispose of the hot water. Dry the tea bowl with a cloth thoroughly.
(2) Shift 2 g or 1tsp / of matcha into the tea bowl. If using a bamboo tea ladle (Chashaku), scoop 1.5 heaps.
(3) Pour hot water (70°C · 158°F) into the tea bowl slowly. Avoid pouring the hot water directly over the matcha powder.
(4) Stir lightly with the tea whisk to mix the matcha powder and the hot water, and break any small lumps with the tip of the tea whisk if needed. After that, whisk in a brisk “M” or “W”-shaped motion by using only your wrist (not elbow or arm) for 15-30 seconds. Make sure that the tea whisk doesn’t touch the bottom of the tea bowl while whisking.
(5) Once the surface of the matcha becomes frothy, gently stroke the surface of the tea with the tea whisk to break up the larger bubbles. Then gently write “の” in the tea bowl and lift the tea whisk out of the center of the tea bowl to make the foam move into the center for a beautiful appearance.
Lab tested for radioactivity and agricultural chemical residue.
Contamination sensors and metal detectors used when processing the product.
Avoid heat, moisture, sunlight, air and odors.
Unopened: Store in a cool, dry and dark place or in the fridge. If you will not open your package for more than two months, keep it in the freezer.
Opened: Seal tightly after using and store in a cool, dry and dark place or in the fridge.
* After taking it out of the fridge/freezer, allow it to warm up to room temperature before opening/using to avoid condensation.
** Once it’s opened, use in 2-3 months to ensure optimum freshness, taste and color.
Country of Origin