Organic Sencha Green Tea WAKATAKE
100 g (3.53 oz)
Sencha green tea is the most popular everyday tea in Japan.
Our single-estate Organic Sencha Green Tea WAKATAKE from Uji area in Kyoto is characterized by its uplifting grassy aroma, refreshing vegetal taste and crisp astringency. Whenever you need a kickstart throughout the day this refreshing sencha green tea is an excellent choice to stimulate your mind and uplift your body.
Organic green tea
Gluten-free. Vegan friendly. Non-GMO. Dairy-free. No preservatives.
✓ JAS organic certification (JONA)
✓ USDA National Organic Program
✓ EU organic certification
✓ Canadian Organic Regime (COR)
Tea Producer Profile
Family owned and operated green tea farm in the Uji area of Kyoto for over 160 years.
One of the pioneers of organic green tea in Japan for over 40 years.
10 g · 2 tbsp 300 ml · 10.14 oz 80°C · 176°F 60 sec
Water temperature (80°C · 176°F) is important to bring out of the best of sencha green tea.
Using soft water with fewer minerals is recommended to ensure the quality of the tea.
(1) Pour 300 ml · 10.14 oz of boiled water into empty tea cups (Yunomi) and let the water cool down to about 80-90°C · 176-194°F.
(2) Put 10 g · 2 tbsp of sencha green tea leaves into a teapot (Kyusu).
(3) Pour the hot water from the tea cups into the teapot and wait for 60 seconds. Make sure not to shake the tea pot while brewing, which brings out the bitterness.
(4) Pour sencha green tea into the tea cups. When serving several cups of tea, pour a little into each cup in turn, then repeat in reverse order to ensure an even density of tea in each cup. Make sure not to leave any tea in the teapot as the last drops contain the essence of sencha’s richness.
* For the second and third infusion, use hot water at a higher temperature and brew for a shorter time than the first infusion.
Lab tested for radioactivity and agricultural chemical residue.
Contamination sensors and metal detectors used when processing the product.
Avoid heat, moisture, sunlight, air and odors.
Unopened: Store in a cool, dry and dark place or in the fridge. If you will not open your package for more than two months, keep it in the freezer.
Opened: Seal tightly after using and store in a cool, dry and dark place or in the fridge.
* After taking it out of the fridge/freezer, allow it to warm up to room temperature before opening/using to avoid condensation.
** Once it’s opened, use in 2-3 months to ensure optimum freshness, taste and color.
Country of Origin