Yamanaka-shikki Tea Caddy (Vermillion)
This simple, refined tea caddy (natsume) with elegant gloss and vermillion coloring is beautifully hand-crafted by Yamanaka-shikki master artisans. There is a lid inside to protect the tea from moisture. Perfect for holding matcha during a tea ceremony.
Type: Yamanaka-shikki (Yamanaka lacquerware): Yamanaka shikki, with a history stretching back over 400 years, is produced in the Yamanaka Onsen (Yamanaka Hot Springs) area of Kaga city, Ishikawa prefecture, Japan. Its primary characteristics are fine woodwork and the beauty of the wood grain. Some more decorated examples of this art form involve elegant maki-e lacquer work, which involves sprinkling adhesive metal or color powder, such as gold silver or copper, to create an exquisitely detailed lacquer drawing.
- Gently remove dirt on the surface with a soft cloth before first use.
- Wash the lacquerware with water using a soft sponge and dish detergent. Do not wash with a scrub brush, abrasive or in a dishwasher.
- Do not leave the lacquerware in water for a long time after use.
- Wipe off moisture thoroughly with a soft dry cloth after washing.
- Do not use in microwave.
- Store away from direct sunlight.
Size: D 6.5 cm / 2.56 in x H 7 cm / 2.76 in
Weight: 50 g / 0.11 lb
Place of Origin: Produced in Iwate Prefecture, Japan
Note: Each piece has a unique irregular shape. Actual color may vary from picture due to screen settings.